If you are between 11 to 14 years old and a fan of football, the Afghan Premier League (APL) brings you an exciting opportunity to win a two-week scholarship to one of well-known Soccer School in Dubai!
There you will learn how to play football the professional way under the supervision of the international football legends and coaches.
The competition is made of 3 challenges, please note that you have to qualify for each challenge before being able to move forward:
Stage 1: The Application Question (July 01 - July 15)
Please write and share either one of the following:
1 - Poem
2 - song
3 - Rap
4 - Short video
On the topic of “How sports can play a role in countering violent extremism and promoting peace and national unity in Afghanistan?".
Stage 2: Football Skill Test-1 (July 22 – July 31)
- 800 selected candidates (100 from each region) will be shortlisted from the applications submitted to compete against each other in a football skills competition
- 8 football skills locations representing the 8 main regions of Afghanistan will be setup to welcome the competitors
- 1 male and 1 female from each region will be able to qualify for the last and final stage.
Stage 3: Football Skill Test-2 (During August 17 and October 14)
- 16 finalists (1 girl and 1 boy from each region) from all the 7 regions will be brought to Kabul for the final selection stage.
- A more advanced skill test will be conducted and 8 finalists will be selected for the elimination round which will take place during APL semi-finals and finals
- The 2 winners will be announced live and awarded the grand prize during the half- time of the APL finals.
1.You have to be between 11-14 years old and cover basic football skills to enter this contest
2.The contest form at the bottom of this page must be filled out completely (name, age, region and school)
3.Shortlisted contestants who will find way in each stage of this competition will be contacted by the APL team and will be invited for each stage of the contest.
Through this contest we hope to encourage the young leaders of tomorrow to focus on their education, health, and future. The contest uniquely promotes CVE-Counter Violence Extremism and ties the education and sport to help Afghan youth realize the importance of both. In line with this goal, we look to impart values that will benefit a child's character growth and development as well as their football technique and skills.